FS Course 402 - Learning the Data in the FS Query Data Base
|To help ensure that you get back meaningful query results and prevent
"run away" queries, just ask yourself a few preliminary questions before
starting a query:|
1. What do I want to see? Balances? Open or Closed Transactions? Table Listings?
2. For what time period? Prior year or current year? Current month? Monthly?
3. At what level? By the hierarchy? By FAU? By a special grouping code?
4. What $ amounts do I need to see? Appropriations? Expenditures? Encumbrances? Memo Liens?
5. What special additional information do I want to see? e.g., titles?
As you ask these questions, pull out a copy of the FS Query Data Model Worksheet and begin "checking off" the answers against the actual data objects shown. Once you have checked off and qualified the data attributes required, activate your querying tool and submit your query. To learn more about the actual data objects and their attributes, click the data object categories below. You will be guided through important data reminders, querying hints, and "hands on" training exercises using the Hummingbird BI/Query tool and FS-QDB BI/Query Data Model as the search engine.
Learning FS-QDB data objects
The lines identify the relational paths or linkages between the data objects. It is these linkages that allows you to complete an individual query that "joins" information off several tables.
[Back to Using the FS QDB Data] [AIS QDB Home Page]